Updated: May 2
Barry-Lawrence Regional Library offers notary services to patrons for a small fee at the following branch locations: Cassville, Eagle Rock, Marionville, Monett, Mt. Vernon, and Shell Knob.
Before bringing documents to be notarized, please call first to be sure that the notary is available:
Cassville 417-847-2121 Donna Lawson or Cheryl Williams
Eagle Rock 417-271-3186 Jennifer Cochran
Monett 417-235-6750 Chelsea Bradley or Cindy Frazier
Mt. Vernon 417-466-2921 Cindy Gulick
Marionville 417-235-6646 Janea Coker
Shell Knob 417-858-3618 Jennifer Cochran
Guidelines for Notary Service:
1. If you have more than one (1) item to be notarized, please call and make an
2. Bring a current photo ID, such as a valid driver’s license, state ID, or passport, with
3. Forms MUST be filled out ahead of time. The notary is not a legal expert and therefore
cannot help you fill out any needed forms.
4. The notary will not notarize a blank sheet of paper.
5. All document(s) MUST be signed in front of the notary. Do NOT sign your document(s) ahead of time!
6. If more than one person must sign the document(s), they must ALL be present at the time of notarization.
7. The notary follows all regulations of the State of Missouri as outlined in the Missouri
Notary Public Handbook.
8. If needed, please bring your own witnesses.
9. We can only notarize materials in English.
Fee: There is a $1.00 fee per (notary) signature. No fee shall be charge for notarizing voter registration forms or absentee/mail in ballots for local, state, or federal elections.
A notary only verifies the signer’s identity and that the signature was made willingly and freely.
Notarization does NOT
Prove a document to be true or accurate.
Legalize or validate a document.
Prove that a statement under oath is true.
Public notaries are NOT legal professionals. Please do not ask legal questions or for legal advice.